In the interests of supporting recently qualified teachers across our five schools, we have worked with CPD leads to give RQTs the opportunity to visit different Athelstan Schools to their normal setting.
The focus of the school visit will be a particular area of professional practice and through this lens, teachers will be able to observe a range of lessons (‘a learning circuit’). RQT colleagues will have time to reflect on this experience and apply to their own practice through two bookended workshops with the Athelstan School Improvement Leads.
Term 2 Visits and Showcase Focus (RQTs to choose based on their individual development needs):
- Malmesbury School – Effective teaching at KS5
- Chipping Sodbury School – Supporting SEND students in the classroom
- Bradon Forest School – Formative assessment: eliciting, interpreting and responding to evidence of student performance in the classroom
- Sir William Romney’s School – Stretch and Challenge in the classroom
- The Dean Academy – Using Rosenshine’s principles in the classroom
Term 6 Visits and Showcase Focus (RQTs to choose a different school from the term 2 visit but still based on their individual development needs):
- Bradon Forest School – Metacognition in the classroom
- Chipping Sodbury School – Effective questioning in the classroom
- The Dean Academy – Building positive relationships
- Malmesbury School – Student Participation (linking to the Teach Like a Champion approach)
- Sir William Romney’s School – Building on Literacy and Reading Skills in every classroom